2. Personal information we collect
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
3. When do we collect your personal information?
At times, we are required to collect personal information in the normal course of providing services for our customers. The services may include:
• Making customer purchases
• Registering for a kikki.K Workshop
• Accepting customer orders
• Processing credit card payments
• Arranging product holds
• Accepting gift voucher payments
• During conversations with our team members;
• When you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
• When you interact with us by using devices within our stores; or
• If you are a candidate for employment, when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process, for the purpose of assessment.
We may also collect personal information about you from the following third parties:
• If you are a candidate for employment, we may collect information about you from your nominated referees, where you have authorised us to do so.
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
4. What personal information we may collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
• Your name and contact details such as your residential or business address, email address and telephone number;
• Your gender, age and date of birth and occupation;
• Your company name (if applicable);
• Your signature;
• Proof of identity, such as your driver’s licence or passport number;
• A photograph or video surveillance recording of you if you are physically present in our stores;
• If you are a candidate for employment, we may collect other information as further set out in our application forms or during the recruitment process. This may include information relating to your employment history, working eligibility rights, suitability for the role you are applying for, and your referee details;
• Other information you may supply to us.
5. Other information
We may also collect information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
• Your shopping preferences and a list of products and services you have purchased from kikki.K. This may include your shopping history, items, colours, or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
• Information we require to deliver, service or fulfil warranty obligations for products or services;
• Your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other);
• Information you provide to us via application forms, or directly to team members within our stores in relation to our products and services.
6. Purpose of collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions :
• To provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
• To provide you with relevant consumer information and notify you of products and special offers that may be of interest to you
• To communicate with you, including about products and services, special offers, and events which might interest you;
• To answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
• To create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
• Provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers;
• Carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way kikki.K and its related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you;
• To consider and respond to complaints made by you;
• To comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities;
• If you are a candidate for employment, to assess your suitability for a position at kikki.K.
7. If we are unable to collect your personal information
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all of the following may occur:
• We may be unable to provide products or services to you, to the requested standard or at all;
• We may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products and services that you have purchased from us, or may intend to purchase in the future;
• We may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences;
• Your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect;
• If you are a candidate for employment, we may not be able to process your application for a position at kikki.K.
We use third-party cookies to collect statistics in aggregate form in analysis tools such as Google Analytics. The cookies used are both permanent and temporary cookies (session cookies). The permanent cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device for no longer than 24 months.
9. How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper), this information is destroyed once it has been transferred to our electronic files.
10. Security of your personal information
We understand the importance of your personal information and have appropriate procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information.
11. Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed to any of the following:
• our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
• our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
• suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
• if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
Where applicable information is shared with a third party, these third parties are obliged to observe the confidential nature of such information and are prohibited from using any or all of this information other than for the purpose for which it was provided.
Some of our associated companies with whom we share personal information may be located overseas. These associated companies will often be subject to privacy and confidentiality obligations dictated by laws in their own jurisdictions. Nevertheless, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach relevant privacy law or principles.
12. Direct Marketing Communications
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us via email, SMS or regular mail.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavor to use that method wherever practical to do so.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication or by contacting us via the details provided in section 13.
You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received.
We do not provide your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
13. How you may access your personal information
You may access your personal information held by kikki.K by making a request to us.
Phone: 03 9645 6346
Mail: kikki.K, Suite 203, Level 2, 120 Bay St, Port Melbourne VIC 3207 AUSTRALIA
Normally we will provide a record of your personal information to you via your preferred contact method (phone, email or mail) and we will not charge a fee.
If your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of others we may reasonably refuse to provide access to your personal information.
14. Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
15. Candidates and employees
16. Privacy Complaints
All such enquiries or complaints will be taken seriously and handled with impartiality and discretion.
If you wish to submit a complaint, please provide us with all relevant details such as the date and time of the incident or communication, the circumstances surrounding the event and your concerns about what was said or done. You will also receive an acknowledgment from us within 7 days confirming receipt of your complaint.
Once you have submitted your complaint we will assess it to determine whether or not you have complained about a privacy issue which is covered by the relevant privacy laws. If you have complained about something which is not appropriately dealt with under privacy law, we will write to you and explain why our Privacy Officer is unable to address your complaint.
If you have complained about something which the relevant privacy laws cover, we will thoroughly investigate all aspects of your complaint including ascertaining the relevant facts and what your expectations are for any resolution. During our investigation we may need to seek further information from you as to the nature of or factual circumstances surrounding your complaint.
We will endeavor to respond to you, using your preferred contact method if you have indicated one, at all times promptly and to offer a practical solution which is consistent with our legal obligations.
17. Australia Post eParcel tracking emails
If you have any concerns about these emails, please contact our Customer Experience Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 3 9645 6346.
18. Contacting us
Mail: The Privacy Officer
kikki.K Pty Ltd
PO Box 107
Albert Park VIC 3206
Last update of this policy: 30 June 2014
If you have any questions, please call us on +61 3 9645 6346 or email email@example.com.