THE GIRL WHO BURIED HER DREAMS IN A CAN: SHE SHINES
This children's picture storybook tells the true story of a little girl with big dreams. Growing up, all Tererai ever wanted was an education. But in Rhodesia, education for girls was nearly impossible. So, she taught herself to read and write with her brother's schoolbooks and to count while watching cattle graze. Many years went by and she became a young wife and mother. After an encounter with a woman from the United States, Tererai wrote her dreams on a scrap of paper and buried them in a can - an ancient ritual that reminded her that she couldn't give up on them. She dreamed of going to the United States and earning one degree, then a second even higher and a third, the highest degree - her PhD. And she hoped to bring education to all the girls and boys of her village. Would her dreams ever come true?
- MEASUREMENTS: 287mm L x 223mm W x 10mm H/11.3" L x 8.78" W x 0.39" H
Shipping & Returns
Items can be returned to us with the following details:
- Item is returned within 30 days of purchase.
- The original receipt or proof of purchase is provided.
- The returned item is unused with original packaging.
- The returned item is not monogrammed.
- Items can be returned for a refund, exchange or gift card.